28 Februar 2017 09:30:28IBM released a new Traveler version 184.108.40.206 two weeks ago. This version includes a longer fixlist with important updates. Details can be found here: ibm-traveler-220.127.116.11-available.htm
But as it looks like, that there is an issue, which breaks the push of new mail.
I received comments on my blog post and offline feedback, that the push will break, when the mail server of the user is longer unavailable for whatever reason. A Traveler restart will fix it.
The new version seems to have a bug: At night, the mail server is daily down for backup purposes. After this, the Traveler is no longer able to reconnect. The result is that no more mails are pushed. After the manual restart of the tour again everything was ok.
Is only since the new version 16. Other users report this behavior.
So I would recommend to wait with your update to 18.104.22.168 until this one is fixed.
Customers already updated to 22.214.171.124 and run into this issue should open a PMR.
A downgrade to an older version is not a good option.
IBM was able to reproduce the behaviour and is already pushing out a Hot Fix to customers, who opened a PMR.
included Fixes in 201703012047_40_Server_Win.zip:
- LO91550: INVITATION ADDING USER TO MEETING MAY INCORRECTLY GHOST OVER MORE CURRENT CHILD DOCUMENTS
- LO91723: Users stop receiving mail after mail server is restarted
- LO91733: Subject of mail replied to/forwarded from Windows 8 device may display incorrectly
They also published an APAR Entry:
Traveler has a problem when all mail servers for a specific
user's goes down at one time and after the mail servers are
restarted users are able to synch data from the device, but no
new mails come down to the device. This was introduce in
126.96.36.199 fix pack.
The work around is to either do
- Tell Traveler Push Disable UserId and Tell Traveler Push Enable UserId for each effected user or
- Restart IBM Traveler after the mail files have been restarted. Either of these approach will resolve the issue.
I suppose that IBM will update the 188.8.131.52 download package in Fix Central and Passport Advantage with a package that will contain the fix.
IBM released Traveler 184.108.40.206 today:
- Kommentare